Meat-Free Mondays – Episode 1
Posted: April 22
On the regular from now on, a monthly Monday dose of Dopsu meat-free dinspiration.
This month we’re starting with a Miso and Tamari Dopsu No-Chicken Salad.
Why? Well because it’s EXACTLY what you want on a Monday night – when the weekend is at its most distant and you need something vibrant to look forward to in the evening.
And what’s particularly great about this one is that it’s only 18 mins from prep to plate, meaning that it covers that ‘IT’S A WEEKNIGHT I’M HUNGRY AND WANT TO EAT SOMETHING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE’ feeling nicely. And don’t be put off by the word ‘salad’ either. This is no soggy iceberg lettuce and grated cheese thing.
So, to business, the recipe:
140g (half bag) Dopsu No-Chicken pieces, thawed
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
1 tsp Black Sesame Seeds
3cm Fresh Root Ginger, finely grated
1 Clove of Garlic, crushed
1 tbsp Miso Paste
2 tbsp Tamari or Dark Soy Sauce
1 tsp Sesame Oil
75g Frozen Edamame Beans
2 Spring Onions, trimmed
6 Radishes, trimmed
75g Sugar Snap Peas or Mangetout
1 Small Red Pepper
1 Carrot, peeled
70g Mixed Salad Leaves
2 Wedges of Fresh Lime
A sprinkle of Black Sesame Seeds
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan on medium.
- Add the sesame seeds and No-Chicken pieces, and stir fry until golden.
- Stir in the ginger and garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- In a small jug whisk together the miso paste, soy sauce, sesame oil with 2 tbsp water. Add half the mixture to the No-Chicken and stir to coat. Set aside to cool.
- Cook the edamame beans in boiling water for 2 mins, drain and rinse in cold water.
- Thinly slice the spring onions, radish, mangetout and peppers and cut the carrot into matchstick strips.
- Heap the salad leaves into 2 bowls. Top with the edamame beans and sliced vegetables – arrange them in sections if you like – then finally add the No-Chicken. Drizzle over the remaining dressing and serve with the wedge of lime.