RECIPE: Dopsu No-Chicken Fajitas
Posted: November 21
This is one of my personal favourites to cook at home for lunch. Super colourful, keeps the kids interested and really delicious. No meat, just vegetable protein. A squeeze of lime makes the flavour in these Dopsu No-Chicken pieces pop too.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 8 mins
2tbsp vegetable oil
1 red onion, sliced
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
280g Dopsu No-Chicken pieces
1 clove garlic, crushed
2-3 tsp fajita spice mix
zest and juice 1 lime
3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
8 soft flour tortillas
100ml tomato salsa
100ml vegan soured cream
To serve: guacamole, sliced red chillies, lime wedges, spiced rice
- Heat a large frying pan, add half the oil, the sliced onions and peppers, then stir fry over a high heat for 4 minutes until soft and slightly charred around the edges.Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan with the Dopsu No-Chicken pieces, cook over a medium heat for 3 mins, stirring occasionally until golden.
- Add the garlic, spices and stir for 30 seconds, then return the vegetables along with the lime zest and juice. Cook for a minute or so, stirring until everything is coated in spices and piping hot.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the coriander then transfer to a warmed plate. Heat the tortillas in a clean pan or on a griddle until hot.
- Serve the fajita mix with the warm tortillas, salsa and vegan soured cream along with your choice of extras.